Tuesday 11 February 2014

Image bank - Comic strip idea

The above photo has been taken simply of a girl smiling and then edited with the comic style dots and speech bubbles. The speech bubbles allow a simple photograph to tell a story. I would like to use this idea in my photography as I think is a very effective way of story telling through a photo.

The photo is recreated to the right of it with a cartoon version of it. I like the photo more than the comic version although I would add speech bubbles to the actual photograph to add a story like in the photo above. It is clear from the photo that it is comic style due to the patterned background, facial expression and quirky appearance.
This photo has once again been edited to have a comic style to it. The bright background and obvious action in the photo allows the audience to guess that she is getting ready to go out therefore telling a story. I like this photo because of the detail of the hair and the striped shirt.
I really like the above photo because it is clearly comic style without the need for editing so focuses more on the photography side rather than the editing. I like how the model is wearing an outfit that should blend in with the background but she clearly stands out, I also like the clearly exaggerated phone cable that adds to the photo.

This photo shows the personality of the character through a series of facial expressions. I like this photo because all of the faces she pulls are completely different but it is clear that they are all her. I also like the comic style striped clothing she wore against the plain background.



I like this photograph because the facial expression on the models face is strong and along with the edit creates a very effective comic style photograph. I like the simplicity of the photo because the audience can make up there own story from the photo. I would like this photo more if it was placed with a series of other photos with different facial expressions to allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment