Friday 2 May 2014

Work record - shoot eleven - Once upon a time...

In this shoot I was once again trying to tell a story through a series of photographs. I took the classic fairytale opening 'once upon a time' and ending 'she lived happily ever after' in order to create a photo story. I think this shoot went really well because the colours are bright and vibrant and very positive. The only thing that I would do to improve this shoot is try and keep the lighting the same as it would be easier to match the colour when it comes to editing.
In this photo Amelia is smiling and positive because the paper says 'she lived happily ever after' so she is illustrating this with her facial expression. I have used this editing style as it gives the photo a cartoon or comic strip appearence which would also use facial expressions to illustrate the story. I placed Amelia central with the writing just above her head so it is clear that she is the main focus of the photograph. To improve this photograph I would have composed it slightly differently with Amelia slightly more to the right so that none of the writing is covered by her head. The lighting I used for this shoot is very bright as I also feel this made the photos quite like a comic strip.

All a story needs is a beginning a middle and an end so I use the first line as the beginning, second line as the middle and main bulk of the story and the last line as the end. Although this is not an obvious story I feel that it gives enough detail that the audience can choose the story themselves. In each of the photos with words on I tried to get Amelia to stay in the same place as I didn't want this to change the photo. With the three facial expression photos in the middle I was trying to express how in story's there is not just one emotion, often characters go through a range of emotions, as the character does in my photo story. To improve this photo I would just make sure that there is an exact frame around each photo as some of them seem not to be despite the fact they did when I made the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment