Tuesday 6 May 2014

Work record - shoot twelve - Beauty and the Beast

In this shoot I was trying to illustrate the story Beauty and the beast by dressing Amelia up in the costume and using some props from the film and book. I made the yellow dress out of sheets and it is very similar to that worn by the character in the book however to improve I would make sure that the dress that I pinned the sheets to was not visible as this changed the appearance from the dress. Overall I think this shoot went quite well due the the fact that the background is quite evenly lit and this was a shoot I completed at home. When I was planning this shoot I had initially intended to use the actual book to photograph so that it could be edited to seem as if the characters had left the book however when it came to it I could not find the one that I wanted so changed how I edited the photos.
In this photo I used the lyrics from the most famous song from the film as the background of the photograph. I like the composition of this photo because she is standing in a pose that I found was common for this and other Disney characters and the rose looks attractive against the black and white background. To improve this photo I would just make sure that the dress looks as much like the characters dress ad possible.
In this photo you can't see the dress so it doesn't really illustrate the book as much as I would have liked however  this is quite an attractive photograph. To improve this photograph I would just change the composition slightly so that the rose doesn't cover so much of her face up. It didn't affect this photograph but to improve the shoot as a whole I would do it in the studio to maintain the same lighting throughout the shoot and so that the dress can stand out more on a white or coloured background.

No comments:

Post a Comment