Friday 28 March 2014

Work record - shoot five - Chalk board

In this shoot I was trying to use facial expressions to tell a story and using the black board to actually name the feeling that I was trying to create for each Photograph. I think that this shoot went well because the photos turned out as i wanted them to and the strong facial expressions were backed up by what was written on the board.
I think that this photo worked really well because the expression on Taylor's face is dull and emotionless and the word on the board is hate which is a negative word. I also like that I have used a dark background and edited the photo to be black and white making Taylor and the black board the most important thing in the photo. To improve this photo I would try and write the word so that it is a bit more bold as the whole of each letter is not totally clear.
I think this photograph works well because each photo has a slightly different emotion to the next. The emotions on the unimportant words are quite neutral and the emotion words have the facial expression to illustrate them. I really like how the last photo is larger than the rest and you can tell from Taylor's eyes that she is smiling without seeing the rest of her face. When I edited them I made the writing more prominent however I think that this is to obvious that this has been edited and contrasts slightly with the dark simplistic background.

No comments:

Post a Comment