Monday 3 March 2014

Work Record - Shoot Three - Fairytale in the woods

In this shoot I was trying to give a fairy tale theme to the photos by using a natural background and natural head dress for my model. When I researched fairy tale photography the background seemed to play an important role in the shoot as this decides the feeling of the photo. In order to improve this shoot I would try and use more obvious conventions of fairy tales such as props like apples, crowns and other costume items. I would also use more than one character possibly a character representing good and one representing bad to tell more of a story although I do like the fact that the audience can create their own story from the photos due to the lack of obvious interpretations. I also like the natural lighting in these photos.
I like this photo because I was trying to achieve a fairy tale type feeling with the photo and the natural stream helps to do this. I also like the costume with the flower head dress because it continues the natural theme the photo has. Finally the facial expression looks a little worried creating questions for the audience to think about such as why she has a worried look on her face. Also the scene not to controlled so it is easy to get different interpretations from the photo.

I think this was one of the photo's that could be improved as it is not quite zoomed in enough so doesn't show all of the detail of Amelia that I would like it to. I do like how the photo is set up however, with Amelia being directly in the middle with the woods surrounding her suggesting that she is free with the world around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment