Monday 3 March 2014

Work Record - Shoot One - Alice in Wonderland

In this shoot I tried recreate a scene from the story Alice in Wonderland. I only have one model but I tried to show the personalities of two characters, the mad hatter and Alice. I did this in order to tell more of the story rather than just limit it to one character. I chose to have a dark background and low, dark lighting to contrast with the story as there are many different interpretations of the original story which I wanted to portray in the photo shoot. I think this shoot went well because the photos were quite enigmatic and interesting. To improve this shoot I would make the photos lighter because some of them were to dark. I would also like to redo the shoot but with a white or light coloured background to contrast with the dark ones to further explore the interpretations of the story. I also would like to try a checked background as this is common of the story.



I like this photograph because the bright colours of the table, Sophie's clothes and the doll contrast against the dark background making them stand out and seem brighter than they actually are. I also like it because Sophie's facial expression doesn't have either a happy or sad expression so is somewhere in the middle allowing the audience to interpret there own stories from the photo.




I think this photo could be improved due to its lack of detail and meaning. As the photo shows only half of the table and part of the doll is covered up the photo doesn't really have much of a story to tell. I also feel that the doll doesn't really go with the Alice in wonderland theme I was trying to achieve with this photo. I do like the way that the background is perfectly smooth and you cant tell where the floor and the wall meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment