Wednesday 5 March 2014

Work Record - Shoot four - Comic facial expressions

In this shoot I wanted to get as many different facial expressions as possible in order to tell a story with them. I used Shannon in this shoot because of her blue hair which I contrasted against a red background as I found bright colours seemed to be a convention of comics. I think the shoot went well because of the bright colours and no shadows as the lighting was set up well for my comic photos.

I like this photo because Shannon's blue hair contrasts really well with the red background which was my intention. Also her obvious, exaggerated facial expression makes the comic theme of the photo obvious and her facial expression could tell many different stories. To improve it I would like to edit it with speech and thought bubbles to actually create a story from the photographs.



I don't really like this photo because the affect I was trying to achieve didn't really work. I like the fact that Shannon's face is silhouette like but this was not actually what I was trying to achieve when I was editing the photograph. What I was trying to achieve was a Roy Lichtenstein style photo which I will try and achieve using a different technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment