Monday 7 April 2014

Photographer one - Carly Bevan

I have chosen this photographer because I like the way she takes simple props and costumes from fairy tales and then uses them to create the story in each photograph. I also like the way the photos are quite unique to the photographer and all seem positive and happy.

 


This photo is from the Peter Pan style shoot and takes the part with the lost boys and shows it in the photo. The sign appears to be quite deserted and lost which is how the lost boys are in the story. The sign is central so it is the first thing that the audience looks at. The photo is quite plain and natural and then the coloured fabric makes the photo a little bit more interesting.


This photograph is also from the Peter Pan shoot. I really like this photo because it uses a child character similar to which would be in the story and is in a costume similar to that which would be worn. The photo also shows the gun another prop from the story so allows this section of the story to be told through this photograph. Once again the model is central in the picture making it the main focus point.


This photo is also from the Peter Pan shoot but tells a different part of the story. The photographer has used a very busy setting and costume in order to tell the story in this photo. The models are slightly off centre in this photo because they are not supposed to be the only main focus in this photograph. I like the way the models faces are not seen because this allows the audience to create their own characters and story.


This is my favourite out of Carly Bevan's photos because it is simple but because the photo is of a book which gives the audience a wide range of interpretations. For example a book can be anything from a religious book to a fairy tale. I also like the fact that the book is in focus and slightly off centre but is still the main focus of the photograph.

 

Influence

Carly Bevan will influence my work because I would like to use models but not use there face so the audience can choose how they interpret my photographs. I would also like to take photographs with simply the costumes or props from the film to make simple photographs while still telling the story.

 

Summary

Overall I like this photographer because her photographs are unique and tell the story's well. I also like how some of the photographs are simple and some of them are more full and full of intricate detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment