Friday 25 April 2014

Work record - shoot eight - 18th Birthday shoot

 In this shoot I was trying to show the milestone of turning eighteen to tell the story of life. For this shoot I used a few different props which represent turning eighteen, such as balloons, confetti and champagne. As my model is female I used a stereotypical pink background which went with the banners and balloons. The photos from this shoot came out well although I found the pink background was hard to light up and some of the photos came out to light and some were to dark.
 I chose this photo because I like that although Taylor is the main focus of the photo, the soft focus is put on the glass and the champagne drawing the eye more towards them. This photo tells the story of turning eighteen because the eighteen banner and glass can be seen and also she is holding a bottle of champagne showing how she can now drink legally and her smile suggests she is having fun. To improve this photograph I would crop the left side slightly so that Taylor is central to the picture with an equal border around her.
 I like this photograph because although in the photo the model is clearly a girl, also confirmed by the pink background and balloons the photo does not show Taylor's face making the photo easy for any girl to relate to. To improve this photo I would make sure that Taylor's hair is not in the photograph and use soft focus to make the ballon, glass and champagne more sharp and Taylor and the background blurred.




If I did this shoot again I would try and make the lighting more even so that the background stayed a more similar colour as when putting photos together to edit this became more difficult. I would also do this shoot but with a male model and stereotypical male colours to emphasise how it is not just females who go through this milestone it is men as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment