Friday 4 April 2014

Work record - shoot seven - Alice in Wonderland (woods)

In this shoot I wanted to improve my last Alice in wonderland shoot using props, costumes and location. I wanted to really try and get the story across through each individual photograph. I think this shoot went quite well although to improve I would try and think of more unique composition for the photographs to make them more interesting.

In this photo I made the background black and white so that Sophie would stand out and so that it was as if she was in a different world as she is in the story. I used the Alice in wonderland costume and tea set as in the story there is the tea party so I thought it would help to tell the story. To improve the photo I would take it when the wind wasn't blowing because the hair and dress are no longer central which changes the photo.
In this photo the teacup can be seen through a hole in the ground that was similar to a rabbit whole. In the story Alice falls down a rabbit hole in to another world and in part of the story she attends a tea party. I took this photo because it directly represents this part of the story as you are looking through the rabbit hole the teacup can be seen. I think the composition of the photo works well because the hole and teacup are central and the cup is in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment